Waitress Job Description – Minimum Requirements
- Basic knowledge of food and cooking.
- Waiters and waitresses must be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Professional and friendly. (Even in tough situations)
- Team player.
- Effective communication skills with guests and staff.
- Quick thinking.
- Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
- Basic math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
Waitress Job Description – Responsibilities:
- Great guests and make them feel comfortable.
- Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests.
- Take beverage and food orders.
- Deliver beverages and food in a timely manner.
- Check-in with guests to ensure that everything is going well.
- Clear dirty dishes from table.
- Refill beverages throughout the meal.
- Deliver guest’s bill and thank them for dining at the restaurant.
- Work with other servers and be a team player.