- A Dairy Dream Grill Cook is not only a position which requires timely and quality preparation of product, but also the ability to display showmanship and interaction with our Guests
As a grill cook, your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Preps assigned items.
- Washes and cleans raw food products.
- Grills raw and prepped foods to order and to requested temperature.
- Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity.
- Cuts or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Communicates with Team Members, FOH Team Members and Management throughout the shift regarding status of orders and availability of product.
- Minimizes waste of product.
- Labels all food items for food safety and shelf-life standards.
- Rotates product according to “First In, First Out” to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Logs and discards all product not used by the end of the shift on the “use by” date.
- Keeps the Grill Area neat, clean and sanitary.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Stocks/restocks items on line according to specifications.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- Notifies a Manager immediately if a Guest is injured or has a complaint.
- Assists in an entire team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
Professionalism and Style Expectations:
The following is expected of every Team Member at Dairy Dream:
- Serves great food with great service and a great attitude.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner.
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves (acts & dresses) professionally at all times while setting the standard for all Team Members.
- Understands and communicates the Dairy Dream Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Works to resolve disagreements; is respectful of peers and co-workers.
Knowledge and Skills:
Special Skills or knowledge necessary for this position:
- Full-Service Restaurant Kitchen Experience is desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job:
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, pours, carries, and pushes.
- Lifts and carries tubs, trays, and cases weighing up to 60 lbs up to 20 times per shift.
- Frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold.